My Experience With Supplements to Relieve Shingles


Shingles, also known as Herpes Zoster, is a disease caused by the varicella-zoster virus, which is the same virus that causes chickenpox. Shingles affects the nerve endings in the skin, and is very painful. It can appear anywhere on the body. The painful rash usually is gone within 3 to 4 weeks, but for some people the pain of shingles can last for months afterwards. Here are natural supplements to relieve shingles pain which have helped me with greatly reducing the discomfort and promote healing.

Vitamin C. Rather than take a supplement I've been eating about two oranges a day.

While I already like to eat vegetables and fruit and have that in my regular diet, I wanted extra antioxidant power so have taken Greens to Go which is available at Costco. The directions say you just mix it with water, but I found it tasted a bit better mixed with juice. Even then I'm not crazy about it, but it does have a lot of extra antioxidant which I felt necessary.

Probiotics. Danactive by Dannon has been my choice because I like the taste, but there are others. Probiotics help strengthen the immune system by providing "good" bacteria that our body needs.

Organic aloe vera gel for the rash. This has been very soothing. As my pain began to decrease it also was becoming itchy at times, and the aloe vera has stopped this.

About two ounces of Mangosteen juice by XanGo three times a day. Sometimes it's been a bit more than that. There is no upper limit as to how much juice a person can drink each day, but the average amount is one ounce two or three times a day, so with a health problem it's necessary to take more.

XanGo has the original mangosteen supplement, it's all natural with no added sugars, no artifical flavors or colors. Many years of scientific research on the mangosteen have shown how it can strengthen the immune system and is a natural anti-inflammatory. It's the only mangosteen supplement on the market that uses the whole fruit puree, and this is important because most of the antioxidants found in the fruit are actually in the rind.

When I first broke out in the rash two weeks ago I went to my doctor for the diagnosis and also to get something for pain relief. I did take the prescription pain reliever morning, midday and before bed for the first few days, but it's been 5 days since I took the last one. I am still taking an over the counter pain reliever when I get up in the morning, but otherwise am not needing anything else at this time. I really believe these extra supplements have made a difference, however, I can't of course suggest anyone else would have the same result as me. But I did want to share this with others, because as I mentioned I know the shingles pain can last a long time.

I really will not be without the mangosteen juice and sincerely recommend it to anyone, whether they are healthy and want to stay that way or if they are facing a health challenge of any kind. I encourage everyone to try the juice and see what it can do. I expect to continue to improve my overall health and recover from shingles faster as I keep drinking this juice. And I love the taste too!

This video has more information about the mangosteen also known as the Queen of Fruits.

No comments:

Post a Comment