What We Think About Really Matters


A couple of years ago I listened to a CD called The Strangest Secret by Earl Nightingale. This is a very powerful message in which he says "we become what we thinkg about." Earl Nightingale talks about the importance of attitude and having the right thoughts. This is one of the most profound messages I have heard on personal development, and yet it is very simple.

I believe having a positive mental attitude is important for our overall health. Worry and stress can cause all kinds of health problems, so I think we should make it a priority to include something postive each day. There are many great books and CDs by such people as Jim Rohn, John C. Maxwell, Steven K. Scott and many others.

We live in a very negative world. I call CNN "constant negative news." Unfortunately, negative news sells. But does it do any good to feed our minds with such things? I think it's especially important to avoid the news at night, just before we go to bed. We need to feed our minds with something encouraging, and that will help us grow as a person. It's also a good way to enhance our immune system.

Having a positive attitude can have many good effects on our health. It's one reason why I like to listen to a CD or read every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment